3. The next man up in the Aggie receiving corps is still unknown
The intention to get the ball in the hands of Christian Kirk as frequently as possible was evident. Kirk racked up 189 receiving yards on 13 catches and scored three touchdowns. His elusiveness and his big-play ability make him dangerous wherever he catches the football, but he won’t be around forever.
Kirk has mum about his future plans following the Belk Bowl, but most expect the third-year receiver to declare for the 2018 NFL Draft where he’ll most likely be a first round pick.
Here’s what the stat lines for the rest of the pass catches not-named Christian Kirk looked like:
- Jhamon Ausbon: 12 catches for 112 yards, one touchdown
- Damion Ratley: four catches for 75 yards, no touchdowns
- Kendrick Rogers: three catches for 43 yards, no touchdowns
- Camron Buckley: four catches for 26 yards, no touchdowns
- Trayveon Williams: one catch for 12 yards, no touchdowns
- Keith Ford: one catch for 11 yards, no touchdowns
- Kwami Etwi: two cathces for seven yards, no touchdowns
- Tanner Schorp: one catch for six yards, no touchdowns
The Aggies are bringing in more talented pass catches next season including Manvel standout Jalen Preston. Whether it’s him, Ausbon or somebody else the Aggies are going to need to find someone to replace one of the best receivers in Texas A&M school history.